+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Installing Dialog TV

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Weerawila
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Installing Dialog TV

    friends,

    i just got a Dialog TV dish which was originally installed at Malabe. i live in Weerawila, between Thissa n Hambanthota.

    i tried to install it over here and no results. only thing i got was about 60% of sig strength and no quality signal. i dont have the money that dialog ask for the reinstalling the dish and coz im in the military, and i move very often, i will be paying huge sum of money to these bastards if i pay them to do the work every time i move my residance.

    so please help me. when i called Dialog then sugested resetting the reciever to factory settings, but it didnt work. please help me out here guys.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member gune_ayya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Panadura, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Signal strength 60% means your box and LNB got connected. If you have a compass use it. Turn you dish to 264.3 and elevate your dish to approximately 47.4. Turn the dish up down and left right. You'll get the signal easily.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to gune_ayya For This Useful Post:

    charithtg (05-08-2012)

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Weerawila
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gune_ayya View Post
    Signal strength 60% means your box and LNB got connected. If you have a compass use it. Turn you dish to 264.3 and elevate your dish to approximately 47.4. Turn the dish up down and left right. You'll get the signal easily.
    thanx i will try that. im new for this so i have to ask. what do u mean by elevating? does 47.4 deg means rotating the dish 47.4 deg from the horizontal level. and there is another adjustment at the LNB. it has couple of notches from 20-0-20. what should i do for that?

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kotte, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 24 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    My friend make sure the main stand is 90 degrees straight. If you have not dismantled the bracket from the dish just fix it back on the stand and move it towards the sunset side and turn it to your left or right. You will get some quality signal. Keep the TV closer to where the dish is so that you can see and adjust. You can't adjust by keeping the TV inside and shouting from the roof "Harida? Harida?. See if any dialog dishes closer to your house and that way you can imagine the direction. Good luck. If you were close by I would definitly help you. Aaronsat.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaronsat For This Useful Post:

    gune_ayya (05-08-2012), rasika (05-07-2012)

  7. #5
    Administrator ruwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    USA / Texas
    Posts
    544
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 95 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronsat View Post
    You can't adjust by keeping the TV inside and shouting from the roof "Harida? Harida?..
    lol yeah you cant do that for sat tv :(

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ruwan For This Useful Post:

    charithtg (05-08-2012)

  9. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Weerawila
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronsat View Post
    My friend make sure the main stand is 90 degrees straight. If you have not dismantled the bracket from the dish just fix it back on the stand and move it towards the sunset side and turn it to your left or right. You will get some quality signal. Keep the TV closer to where the dish is so that you can see and adjust. You can't adjust by keeping the TV inside and shouting from the roof "Harida? Harida?. See if any dialog dishes closer to your house and that way you can imagine the direction. Good luck. If you were close by I would definitly help you. Aaronsat.
    Thank you very much for the help machang. the stand was not 90 when i removed it from colombo. good thing that i started by making it straight. i was able to get some sig first but then after 20 min or so lost it again. i think its the trees n stuff. so moved it to the back garden and found an old log to fix the stand :). then was able to get about 69% sig strength. and good Quality too. wanted to call the dialog guy n say hell with u, who asked me 1500 just to that.

    thanx to everyone who helped.

    BTW-instead of me shouting harida harida, i told my wife to should the Sig strength out loud :)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to charithtg For This Useful Post:

    rasika (05-15-2012)

  11. #7
    Member gune_ayya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Panadura, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charithtg View Post

    BTW-instead of me shouting harida harida, i told my wife to should the Sig strength out loud :)
    :) nice one

  12. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEGOMBO
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    yes these dialog people are very cheating people

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to DR4 For This Useful Post:

    rasika (05-15-2012)

  14. #9
    Most contributor padmathilaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 329 Times in 200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charithtg View Post
    BTW-instead of me shouting harida harida, i told my wife to should the Sig strength out loud :)
    Ha ha ha .................
    One 8 Feet C band Mesh Dish (Motorized)
    One 6 Feet Ku Band Dish (Motorized)
    One 10 Feet C band Dish - S Band Reception)
    One 8 Feet Solid Dish - C - Circular (Motorized)

    www.padmathilaka-wanigasekara.blogspot.com

  15. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Panadura
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 96 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    BTW-instead of me shouting harida harida, i told my wife to should the Sig strength out loud :)


    If she know that you wrote this in the forum you are going to get a bigger shouting. Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!. Anyway best of luck mate.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to podiman For This Useful Post:

    padmathilaka (05-10-2012), rasika (05-15-2012), ruwan (05-09-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts